CONFERENCE “Advanced Bioeconomy Leadership Conference Global 2018”: The IEA Bioenergy Conference 2018 was held on the first day of the conference which took place in San Francisco on the 7-9 November 2018 and was attended by almost 600 participants. The “ABLC Global 2018” was a collaboration involving IEA Bioenergy, USDOE BETO and The Digest. The leaders of three objectives presented final results of the project in the Sustainability Forum at the conference.
Moderator: Professor Martin Junginger
CONFERENCE: Sustainability and governance of bioenergy supply chains
The aims of this side event are two-fold:
CONFERENCE: Governing sustainability of bioenergy, biomaterial and bioproduct supply chains from forest and agricultural landscapes.
The conference took place from the 17-19 April 2018 at the University of Copenhagen and several project members presented intermediate results of the three objectives. Conference themes included:
1. Sustainability impacts of biomass production
2. Policies and governance systems to assure sustainability of bio-based supply chains
3. Data and methodologies to verify sustainable practices
4. Stakeholder perceptions and engagement in relation to sustainability governance.
Presentations of the conference can be found at: https://ign.ku.dk/bioenergy-conf-2018/
The international workshop Sustainability of Bioenergy Supply Chainswas organised at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Södra Hamngatan 59, Gothenburg, Sweden in 18-19 May.
Workshop summary can be found here.
– part 1 (Thursday 18 May)
– part 2 (Friday, 19 May)
4. Presentations of the Plenary session (Friday 19 May) on Sustainability of Bioenergy Sector